The Jail

This one is on the self-guided walking tour. This 15′ x 20′ building was erected 120 years ago at a cost of $425.20.

 

It’s first resident was a black cow, but most of the “guests” were incarcerated overnight to “dry out”. It stopped serving as a jail in the early 1940’s.

 

Open during the summer months.